We will be raking yards for our local elderly and disabled neighbors, and collecting personal essential items for Acorn Apartments. All volunteers receive a free t-shirt and a hot pancake breakfast. Pre-register online to be guaranteed a shirt size!
AT A GLANCE
Date: November 3, 2018
Time: Breakfast at 8am; Registration at 9am
Location: Grand Rapids Lion’s Club, Wisconsin Rapids
Address: 2411 36th St. S.
TEN STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL EVENT
1. Distribute any “youth waivers” to volunteers under the age of 18. We will need them signed by a parent or guardian.
2. Bring along any personal essential items (soap, paper towels, etc.) to donate to Acorn Apartments. This is low income housing for individuals with disabilities.
3. Communicate with your team. Tell them what time to meet you at the Grand Rapids Lion’s Club and be sure to give them your contact information. Then, try to get there early. Day of Caring gets very busy and our registration area gets very congested. We get many inquiries from people looking for their groups. Please help us make this process more organized!
4. Have your team assemble outside of the Lion’s Club. Please don’t enter until your whole team has arrived.
5. Join us for breakfast! Hours are 8-9am at the Lion's Club.
6. Reassemble outside and send 1-2 representatives from your group to pick up the shirts and assignments, if you haven’t already; and drop off any youth waivers.
7. There will be two lines: one for pre-registered volunteers and one for non-registered.
8. When you arrive at your assignment(s) check in with the home owner. If they are not home during the event, special arrangements were made. Homeowners will provide bags; if none are available – do not rake the yard and contact us for a new yard.
9. Call or text us after each yard you rake (a phone number will be provided). If you are not able to finish raking, call or text so we can let the home owner know and make other arrangements.
10. Finally, have fun! Be sure to post any comments or photos to our Facebook and/or Twitter pages!