AT A GLANCE
Date: October 24, 2020
Stay tuned for more updates!
Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to have a successful event!
Before the Event:
1. Distribute any “youth waivers” to volunteer under the age of 18. We will need them signed by a parent or guardian.
2. Communicate with your team. Tell them what time to meet you at the Grand Rapids Lion’s Club on the day of event and be sure to give them your contact information.
Day of event:
1. Physical distancing and CDC guidelines must be followed.
2. Have your team assemble outside of the Lion’s Club. Send only 1 representative from your group to the registration area to pick up shirts and raking assignments, if you haven’t already: and drop off any youth waivers.
3. Bring along any personal essential items (soap, paper towels, etc.) to donate to Acorn Apartments. This is low income housing for individuals with disabilities.
4. When you arrive at your assignment(s) check in with the home owner. If they are not home during the event, special arrangements were made. Homeowners will provide paper lawn bags; if none are available-do not rake the yard and contact us for a new yard.
5. Call or text us at 715-572-1739 after each yard you rake. If you are unable to finish raking, call or text so we can make other arrangements with the home owner.
6. Finally, have fun! Be sure to post any comments or photos to our Facebook and/or Twitter pages!