United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ Early Years Coalition and Youth Success Coalition are teaming up to help families crush cabin fever this February with a family friendly bingo-style activity called the Cabin Fever Challenge.
The last twelve months have been challenging, especially for families as they navigated online learning, altered or eliminated youth activities, limited socializing and possible financial strains. “Knowing that this winter might be more difficult than most for families with children, the Coalitions collaborated on an activity which aims to get individual families engaged in fun opportunities right here in their community” says Community Impact Director Jodi Friday.
What is the Cabin Fever Challenge?
Families complete a variety of activities throughout the month of February. Activities are to be completed by each family, or household, at their own discretion and pace, keeping social distancing and safety measures in mind. While a family may complete any activity they choose, five focus areas are suggested: Caring for Community, Activity, Building Skills, Interests & Hobbies and try something New. Families who complete and submit the Cabin Fever Challenge card will be entered into a drawing for three family-themed gift baskets.
How to participate in the Cabin Fever Challenge?
- Download a Cabin Fever Challenge bingo-style card at: https://www.uwswac.org/cabin-fever
- Complete 24 activities in the month of February. Write each completed activity in a square of the Cabin Fever Challenge card for a black out bingo. *A list of suggested activities is on the back of the card; however, a family may choose any family-friendly activity for each square.
- Submit a completed Cabin Fever Challenge card to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties by March 5, 2021 to be entered into a drawing for three family-themed gift baskets. Please submit by:
- Mailing to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, post marked by March 5, 2021
- Email to email@example.com by midnight on March 5, 2021
Families, or households, in south Wood and Adams counties are encouraged to participate; however, the Cabin Fever Challenge is open to anyone in the Central Wisconsin area. If selected as a winner, gift baskets must be picked up at United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties office at 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Gift baskets will not be mailed.
If you have questions, please contact Jodi Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-421-0390.