For a second year in a row, United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties is proud to partner with United Way Worldwide and H&R Block to offer MyFreeTaxes.com to south Wood and Adams Counties residents. MyFreeTaxes.com is a safe, easy and completely free way for individuals or families earning $66,000 or less to file their state and federal taxes. The features allow most filers to complete their taxes in under one hour. MyFreeTaxes.com is available in all 50 states; there are no hidden fees or upsells; and users are never solicited.
“One of our goals at United Way is to help people stretch every cent… and that includes ensuring that there is an opportunity for community members to keep money in their own pockets in the first place.” said Tari Jahns, United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ CEO. “MyFreeTaxes.com helps to accomplish that by helping individuals and families who earn less than $66,000 file their taxes for FREE – without having to pay a third party. MyFreeTaxes.com also comes with the H&R Block ‘maximum refund’ guarantee.”
MyFreeTaxes.com users get access to the H&R Block Premium Product (one of their Do-It-Yourself products) with enhanced features to ensure filers get every dollar they deserve. These features include:
- A user-friendly, interview-style format that is approachable for anyone not familiar with taxes.
- The ability to file with your smart phone or tablet.
- The ability to upload an image of your W-2, allowing MyFreeTaxes to automatically fill in your information.
- A robust support page that begins with the top five most asked questions.
- Filers get to file their Federal taxes and up to three state returns.
Taxpayers earning less than $66,000 in 2018 can enter their data by going to www.uwswac.org and clicking on the MyFreeTaxes.com banner which links to a secure H&R Block website, making it easy to complete their taxes from home, at work or on mobile devices. E-filing opens today - January 28, 2019 - and ends on April 15, 2019.