At a Glance
Date - April 21, 2020
Location - Hotel Mead
Cost - $11.00 per person
Registration - 7:45am
Breakfast buffet- Begin eating as guests arrive
Program begins - 8:00am
Deadline to nominate volunteers - March 17, 2020
Deadline to RSVP for the event - April 10, 2020
National Volunteer Week - April 19-25, 2020
How to Nominate a Volunteer
Please click here and fill out this form to nominate your volunteer(s) and/or volunteer group(s) from south Wood and Adams Counties to be recognized at the Volunteer Recognition Breakfast, April 21, 2020 at Hotel Mead. All volunteers who are nominated will receive recognition and a certificate for their service. No more than 3 nominations per organization please. The only criteria the volunteer(s) need to meet is: the volunteer(s) needs to reside in south Wood or Adams County; OR complete his/her volunteer work in south Wood and/or Adams County; OR does work that impacts residents in south Wood and/or Adams County.
Fill out this form (make copies if needed) to nominate volunteer(s) or volunteer group(s) and return it to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ Volunteer Center, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494 by March 17, 2020. If you would like to submit a photo of your volunteer(s) to be used in the presentation, please upload it when you nominate your volunteer electronically or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2020. Each nominee will receive a mailing from us, but it is your responsibility to invite the volunteers to the Breakfast and decide who will pay for the Breakfast (the volunteer or the organization). Please be sure to reach out to your nominee(s) so we don’t have any double-RSVPs or double-payments. Call the Volunteer Center at 715-421-0390 with any questions.
You may also use the online nomination form found here.
How to RSVP for the Breakfast
Please click here and fill out form and return to the United Way office with payment. Deadline to RSVP is April 10, 2020. Payment must accompany registration; payment will NOT be accepted at the door. Make checks payable to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties. Return this form to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494. If you are making reservations because you were nominated for an award, check first with the nominating agency for any specific instructions.
You may also RSVP online here.
- Volunteer nominations must be received by 4:00pm, March 17, 2020
- Photos must be uploaded online or emailed by April 10, 2020
- RSVP form is due April 10, 2020
- National Volunteer Week is April 19 -25, 2020
- Volunteer Recognition Breakfast is April 21, 2020 at 7:45am at the Hotel Mead
To RSVP for the Volunteer Breakfast
Step One – Who Will Pay?: Cost is $11.00 per person. Organizations need to decide who will pay for the meal(s) - the nominating organization or the nominated volunteer(s). (It’s okay to ask the volunteers to pay for themselves if there is a large group; and/or you don’t have the budget.) You will also need to decide who will pay for any guests of the volunteer(s).
Step Two – Communicate With Your Nominees(s): Let your nominees know of your plans. You can send a letter, an email, or tell them personally about registration for the Breakfast. This is important to reduce confusion and ensure we don’t receive any double-RSVPs or double-payments.
Step Three – RSVP For The Breakfast
If your organization will RSVP and pay, submit payment by April 10, 2020.
- Fill out the registration form and return it with your payment – OR –
- Register online and make a credit card payment through PayPal (you do NOT need a PayPal account to pay with a credit card).
If the volunteers will RSVP and pay:
- Organization needs to provide copies of the enclosed form to the volunteer(s).
- Organization needs to provide information about how to RSVP online.
More Important Information
- Payment will NOT be accepted at the door.
- RSVP will not be accepted and reserved until payment is made.
- You do NOT need to have a PayPal account to pay online.
- Make checks payable to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties.
- Our mailing address is: United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494