MyFreeTaxes.com at a Glance:
- MyFreeTaxes helps people file their taxes for free while getting the assistance they need.
- MyFreeTaxes is FREE for most returns and includes schedule C.
- Users can file federal and state returns for free.
Tax situations covered for free in MyFreeTaxes include:
○ W-2 income
○ Schedule C Self Employment
○ Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV student
○ Education expenses, credits or student loan interest
○ Unemployment income
○ Claiming the standard deduction
○ Earned Income Tax Credit
○ Child tax credits
○ Child and dependent care expenses
- MyFreeTaxes also provides a free return to self-employed filers, who can report their income and expenses on a Schedule C form.
- You can easily file your taxes using MyFreeTaxes.com from your mobile phone, tablet or computer. The platform guides you through the process to guarantee you get your maximum refund.
- Most filers complete their taxes in under one hour and save an average of $200 in fees by using MyFreeTaxes instead of a paid tax preparer.
- A new Tax Time Financial Checklist connects users to important financial products and services, including accessible and affordable bank accounts; a free student debt platform that will help users resolve student debt challenges and adjust their payment plans to save money; and the ability to engage 211 to connect with a financial counseling program.
- The MyFreeTaxes filing software uses best-in-class standards to safeguard taxpayer information and guarantee tax returns are accurate and you receive your maximum refund.
- Don’t stress over the latest changes to tax laws! MyFreeTaxes software is always up to date.
- MyFreeTaxes screens for credit and deduction eligibility, like the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit and can help filers claim missed stimulus payments
Go to myfreetaxes.com/ to get started!