1942 - the South Wood County Community War Chest was incorporated. It was later amended to the South Wood County Community Chest.
1958 - our organization experienced another name change, the South Wood County United Fund, Inc. and raised $72,000 in its first-ever annual campaign.
1972 - our name changed to United Way of South Wood County, and the Helping Hand Logo was introduced nationally and adopted locally.
1974 - our first office was located in downtown Wisconsin Rapids.
1975 - our first executive director, Jan Suzda, was hired.
1984 - the Planned Giving and Endowment Program was established.
1990 - the Volunteer Center was started.
1992 - we celebrated our 50th Anniversary.
2000 - we moved into our current location at 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids.
2001 - we joined the Marshfield Area United Way's "First Call."
2002 - 2-1-1 was established by the Federal Communications Commission, so we changed the name "First Call" to "United Way's 2-1-1."
2003 - the 2-1-1 call center was moved to our location in Wisconsin Rapids.
2007 - our name changed to United Way of Inner Wisconsin when we added Adams County to our service area.
2008 - our current CEO, Tari Jahns, joined the United Way staff.
2012 - the Women's Leadership Council was created.
2015 - we implemented our current "Agenda for Change."
2017 - the Women's Leadership Council changed its name to Women United.
2017 - we celebrated our 75th Anniversary.
2018 - we received the "Friend of Education Award" from the Wisconsin Rapids Public School Board.
2018 - we changed our name to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties.