YOU COULD WIN $1,000 WHEN YOU DONATE TO UNITED WAY OF SOUTH WOOD & ADAMS COUNTIES
Donate $1.00 per week / $52.00 per year for 50 chances to win one of five $1,000 cash prizes; increase your prior donation of $52.00 or more by $26.00 or more and double your chances to 100!
Our Sweepstakes Sponsors
Our 2019 Winners
1. TIMING: This incentive promotion includes 2020 United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties donations made through 4:00pm Central Time on Friday, November 20, 2020. Participants must be legal residents of Wisconsin, and at least 18 years of age to be eligible for the prize.
2. PRIZES: Winners will receive one of five $1,000 cash prizes; one prize will be awarded to donors of the Adams County campaign and three prizes will be awarded to donors of the south Wood County campaign. Four cash prizes are donated to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties by: Aspirus, Gundersen Moundview Hospital & Clinc, Paper City Savings Association and Prevail Bank. One cash prizes are funded by United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ investment income. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. One prize per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Any United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties donor that makes an unrestricted gift of $52 (or $1 per week) in 2020 (exclusive of any employer match) will be automatically entered into the $1,000 Sweepstakes for FIFTY (50) chances to win. Or, donors who gave at least $52 or more to the 2019 United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties campaign and increases his or her gift by $26 or more in 2020 will be automatically entered into the $1,000 Sweepstakes for ONE HUNDRED (100) chances to win. Entry without donation for the $1,000 Sweepstakes can be made by sending up to 100 entries on 4”x6” cards (10 entries per envelope) to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, ATTN: 2020 $1,000 Sweepstakes, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, containing name, address and phone number. A limit of ONE HUNDRED (100) entries per person, automatic or otherwise, allowed for the $1,000 Sweepstakes. Employees of United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Only individuals are eligible for the 2020 $1,000 Sweepstakes; organizations are not eligible. Online entries will not be accepted. An individual can only win one prize, regardless of number of entries.
4. ENTRIES: The Pledge Form or Entry Letter must be received by United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties by 4:00 p.m. Central Time on Friday, November 20, 2020. United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties will not be responsible for companies that fail to submit their employees’ pledge forms or any other lost submissions by this date.
5. DRAWING & ANNOUNCEMENT: The potential winners of the sweepstakes will be drawn (randomly) from all valid entries on or around December 7, 2020 at the United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ office. The potential winners will be required to provide proper photo identification and verification of compliance with these Official Rules prior to award of the prize. If the potential winner does not meet these eligibility requirements or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If the same name is drawn more than once, an alternate winner will be selected; one prize per person. The name of the prize winner will be announced at United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties’ Campaign Celebration on or around January 13, 2021 and posted on the Sponsor’s website.
6. RELEASE: By entering, all participants hereby agree to comply with these Official Rules, represent that he/she is eligible, consent to the use of his/her name and/or photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants release United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, the donors listed in #2, and their employees, directors, officers and agents, parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, fulfillment, publicity and promotion agencies from any and all claims or liability in connection with their participation in this promotion. Entrants agree to hold harmless United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, the donors listed in #2, and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, officers, directors and employees from responsibility for damages, losses or injuries, including death, personal injury or property damage, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
7. RECEIPT OF PRIZES: The prize may not be substituted for any other prize except by United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties due to unavailability. United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned.
8. RESPONSIBILITY: Winners will be required to pay any applicable taxes and costs relating to the transactions, including, but not limited to, federal and state income taxes. Participation in this promotion may affect the tax deductibility of your undesignated gift. You should consult your tax advisor for more detailed information.
SPONSOR: Sweepstakes sponsored by United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.
9. ENTRY INTEGRITY: Those individuals that qualify for the $1,000 Cash Prize Drawing are automatically and systematically (not manually) entered into the drawing as their pledges are processed. Participating public sector campaigns do provide individual donor information, which is audited, so public sector qualifiers can be assured they will be included and there is little room for human error. Companies, who do not typically provide individual pledge information, may submit a list of those employees who have qualified. Those names are added to the data base of automatic qualifiers. Additionally, those people who submitted an entry outside of the automatic qualification process are also entered into the data base. Although we cannot publish the list of all those who qualify, if a workplace campaign requests a list of qualifiers from their own company, United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties can provide it prior to the drawing, but after all pledges received by November 20, 2020 have been posted. Please call 715-421-0390 for more information.
NO DONATION NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.